Friday, December 7, 2012

Stencil truck

To make my regular photo into a stensil I had to adjust the positive and negetive space. To make the actual stensil we used Xacto Knives to cut out our shapes. For the background I wanted contrast between my dark truck and my sky. I used light colored spray paint to acheive this. The composition of my background was book pages. All of the book pages put together was a collage. We used photoshop to edit our pictures. I didnt have to change my threshold very much because my picture was already black and white. Positive and negative space was used to make the stencils by helping bring out the detail. When you use the Xacto Knife you have to be very careful. For example, always cut twords yourself or other people, run with the knife, see how sharp it is by licking the blade, and of course pass them to eachother by throwing them across the room... Just kidding, dont do any of that. I enjoted using the spraypaint and there was a lot of colors.
   


No comments:

Post a Comment